Round Five brings us down to just sixteen 80s songs.
In the 4th round, we did have a couple that were close:
- Livin’ on a Prayer beat Take On Me by 2 votes
- Walking on Sunshine beat Shout by 2 votes
- Africa beat Don’t Stop Believin’ by 2 votes
- We’re Not Gonna Take It beat Owner of a Lonely Heart by 4 votes
Here are some interesting tidbits about the remaining 16 songs:
- 10 are American, 5 are British, 1 is Australian
- Half are in the pop/rock genre, 4 are hard rock/metal, 3 are New Wave
- They are a nice mix of bands/singers with only Queen and Bon Jovi having 2 songs still in the running. The remaining bands/singers are indeed a healthy mix:
- The B-52s
- Billy Joel
- Bon Jovi
- Cyndi Lauper
- David Bowie
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
- Katrina and The Waves
- Men at Work
- Michael Jackson
- Tears for Fears
- Twisted Sister
Vote now in Round Five!
The deadline is Tuesday evening, August 30.