We’ve reach the Sweet Sixteen round! We’re starting to see popular birds losing now, as we’re forced to choose between fewer birds. A couple of the contests were really close:
- Northern Cardinal beat Ruby-Throated Hummingbird by 1 vote
- American Robin beat Barn Swallow by 2 votes
The biggest wins were:
- Wood Duck over Hooded Merganser 90% to 10%
- Common Loon over Herring Gull 83% to 17%
- Even the Mallard and Bald Eagle, which have won handily every round so far, are winning by fewer votes now (71% & 78% respectively).
Vote now in the Sweet Sixteen round! The deadline is Wednesday night, April 15.