Well, that first round was interesting. Here are some observations:
- Genre didn’t seem to matter, so people are actually evaluating characters, which is nice.
- All four of the Golden Girls won the first round.
- The 1975-1995 division didn’t have any super close results or any huge wins. They were mostly 2-1 or 3-1.
There were some close contests and some total landslides! Here are some of the closest ones:
- Laura Petrie beat Ethel Mertz by 1 vote
- CJ Cregg beat Ziva David by 1 vote
- Emma Peel came from behind to beat Edith Bunker by 2 votes
- Lorelai Gilmore beat Bones by 2 votes
- Amy Farrah Fowler beat Penny by 3 votes
- Lily Munster beat Granny Moses by 4 votes
- Emily Prentiss beat Faith by 5 votes
And here are the biggest winners, which can sometimes be a predictor of bracket dominance (or sometimes just a favorable matchup):
- Lucy Ricardo beat Peg Riley 95% to 5%
- Samantha Stephens beat Honey West 92% to 8%
- Elaine Benes beat Margo Leadbetter 88% to 12%
- Agent 99 beat Sapphire 84% to 16%
- Abby Sciuto beat Samantha Carter 84% to 16%
- Mary Ann beat Victoria Winters 83% to 17%
Vote now in Round Two! The deadline is Thursday evening, July 16.