We’re down to a normal 64-bracket for Round Two, and it’s good to see that there are all kinds of cheeses left, from all over the world, hard & soft, fresh & aged.
There were a few that were pretty close:
- Idiazábal beat Chaumes by 1 vote!
- Farmer beat Baladi by 1 vote!
- Tilsit beat Paneer by 1 vote!
- Stilton beat Cantal by 2 votes
- Saint Paulin beat Blue Cheese by 3 votes
- Yorkshire Blue beat Cabecou by 3 votes
- Livarot beat American Cheese by 4 votes
- Oaxaca beat Rubens by 4 votes
- Mild Cheddar beat Pecorino Toscano by 5 votes
- Port-Salut beat Lappi by 5 votes
- Jarlsberg beat Chevre by 5 votes
There were also some overwhelming wins!
- Gruyere over Ridder 95% to 5%
- Fresh Mozzarella over Basing 95% to 5%
- Parmigiano Reggiano over Saint-Nectaire 93% to 7%
- Asiago over Cabrales 93% to 7%
- Gouda over Lancashire 91% to 9%
- Edam over Raschera 90% to 10%
- Sharp Cheddar over Chaource 90% to 10%
- Camembert over Vacherin 88% to 12%
- Muenster over Saint Albray 88% to 12%
- Parmesan over Devon Blue 88% to 12%
- Emmental over Brocciu 87% to 13%
- Mozzarella over Appenzeller 86% to 14%
- Colby over Gran Bù 86% to 14%
Vote now in Round Two! The deadline is Sunday evening, August 16.