Some interesting results in the first round. Many of the top-seeded “Best Horror Movies” did win, but there were some exceptions and some close results. The closest were:
- The Thing over Bram Stoker’s Dracula by 1 vote!
- Train to Busan over Eraserhead by 1 vote!
- The Host (2006) over Re-Animator by 1 vote!
- The Babadook over Paranormal Activity by 2 votes
- Darkness Falls over Suspiria by 3 votes
- The Innocents over Hour of the Wolf by 3 votes
- Aliens over Misery by 5 votes
- Candyman over It Follows by 5 votes
- Midsommar over Don’t Look Now by 5 votes
- What Ever Happened to Baby Jane by 5 votes
Lower-ranked movies that beat Top 5 seeds include:
- Zombieland over The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
- Midsommar over Don’t Look Now
Vote now in Round Two! The deadline is Tuesday evening, October 27.